Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Confused" and Letting it Be Known

EDU 595: Telecommunications in Education appeared to be an exciting and interesting class in the begining. But when your not by nature a computer tech person, doing the different assignments can be a bit overwhelming. I know I am not the only one, somewhat confused on what needs to be actually done. For example, for our bookmarking, is it just a page with all the sites I bookmarked throught the internet and post them on microsoft word. The CD portfolio, how do I place all the assignments on the CD, my blog, my wiki, my bookmark, my web chat and uneset group. I hope someone can help me and I hope I can clear the air for others who are confused like me. I would greatly appreciate any help. I am a visual learning. I wish someone could show me how. Showing and telling is two different things. Please help the confused students!!!! smile

4 comments:

CCrisp said...

I am so glad you posted this Sheila, you are definitely not alone in your feelings. There has been little direction and learning new technology can be tuff. I am glad that we have the people in our class that we do, it sure brings us together! About the Social Bookmarking, after you have compiled your page of all your bookmarked sites, I believe you put the link on your web page and then save everything onto a CD. I think the bookmarking thing is easier than what we are making out to be. I think it is basically our list of favorites just using the Delicious site linked onto our webpage. My friend teaches a multimedia class at CMU and I am starting to ask him for help. I will be meeting with him soon so he can assist me, I am so lucky to have him for help and will pass on any information he gives me. Creating the Website will be tricky for me - all the HTML and Cascading language. It seems like we just started class but in reality it is almost half way over.

Jennifer said...

I know how you feel! You are not the only person who feels this way. I was trying to complete some of the assignments, but it takes a lot of time to actually go through the usenet groups and wiki and everything else we are supposed to be saving into our "journal". Not only that--but, when we do save it, it has to be in HTML style--or is it CSS???? I am just as confused as you! Before you know it, it is time to meet for our actual "last" time to hand in our journal filled with all of our stuff! That is why when it comes to some of these classes, I really wish that we would meet a whole lot more than twice--and not meet for one time, then another time one month later!!

KB said...

I too feel overwhelmed. On the one hand, I am really excited to learn new technology. However, on the other it is frustrating when I struggle to complete tasks. I've had a hard time with the web chats just jumping in. I have had even less success with the usernet groups. I know I have limited skills when it comes to technology. I am a lot like you. I do much better when I'm shown how to do something as opposed to being told how to do it. Hang in there.

Angela's Space said...

I agree with you! Not to mention I was without a computer for 2 days and now I am trying to catch up on my work. The assignment I am most concerned about is the website and then burning everything to a CD. I have now downloaded dreamweaver but I'm not sure what to do next.